Training to become eligible to operate a heavy plant
Award as an Excavation Plant Operative - MQF Level 3, 2 ECTS
The aim of this course is to equip learners with the skills, knowledge & understanding to safely operate a heavy plant.
On completion of this course the learners will be;
- Aware of the current Health & Safety Legislation as it applies to safe operation of heavy plant
- Different variants of heavy plant and their different characteristics
- Able to safely operate a Heavy plant
- Blind spot and keep a safe area around a heavy plant
- Stability, moving up and down the slope with a heavy plant
- Lifting capacity
- Transporting and Hauling secrement standards
- Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Pre-use inspection of equipment
- Machine functions & controls
- Carry out a Risk assessment
- Site safety
Classroom based presentation on power-point and practical experience of operating a Heavy plant
Who Should Attend?
Those responsible for operating a heavy plant in their workplace as part of their daily duties. New & inexperienced drivers who do not hold a certificate of competency to operate a Heavy/Excavation Plant.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be awarded an MQF Level 3 (2 ECTS) Certificate of Competence recognized locally and across Europe will be issued to all learners who successfully complete & pass this course.
Professional Driver Training Malta Ltd is licensed by the MFHEA as a Further and Higher Education Institution and holding licence No. 2020-010.