PDTM provides training to prospective Mobile Crane Operators
Award in Operating a Mobile Plant - MQF Level 3, 2 ECTS
As per local OHSA regulations You need to be qualified so as to operate a Mobile Plant. The PDTM course provides candidates with theory and hands-on training to operate a Mobile Crane safely. Our course is designed to enrich the crane operator’s knowledge, skill and proficiency.
On completion of this Mobile Crane training course the learners will;
- How to operate the crane safely
- How to recognize and respond to crane signals accurately
- Read and understand load charts
- Understand and set up the crane reeving system
- Be able to correctly position the crane and set up the outriggers for a lift
- Competently alter jib lengths and associated safety devices
- Carry out routine plant maintenance and minor adjustment
- Recognise and apply the principles of safe slinging and balancing a load
- Effects of shock loading on structural strength, stability and load-displacement
Classroom-based presentation on power-point & supplemented by training videos. Practical demonstration so as the student can use the correct techniques during operation of a Mobile Crane
Who Should Attend?
Those responsible for operating a Mobile Crane in their workplace as part of their daily duties. New & inexperienced drivers who do not hold a certificate of competency to operate a Mobile Crane Operator Certification.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be awarded an MQF Level 3 (2 ECTS) Certificate of Competence recognized locally and across Europe will be issued to all learners who successfully complete & pass this course.
Professional Driver Training Malta Ltd is licensed by the MFHEA as a Further and Higher Education Institution and holding licence No. 2020-010.