You need to be qualified to operate a tower crane
Award in Operating a Tower Crane - MQF Level 3, 2 ECTS
The PDTM course provides candidates with thorough practical and theory training to operate a Tower Crane safely and competently.
On completion of this Tower Crane training course the learners will;
- Know how to operate the tower crane safely
- Respond to the recognised signals for controlling crane operations
- Read and understand the capacity chart of the crane
- Change the tower crane reeving system from 2 wire to 4 wire and vice versa
- Operate and understand safe-load indicators and overload warning devices
- Understand the effect of the working radius on the lifting capacity of the machine
Classroom-based presentation on power-point & supplemented by training videos. Practical demonstration so as the student can use the correct techniques on a Tower Crane
Who Should Attend?
Those responsible for operating a Tower Crane in their workplace as part of their daily duties. New & inexperienced drivers who do not hold a certificate of competency to operate a tower crane.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be awarded an MQF Level 3 (2 ECTS) Certificate of Competence recognized locally and across Europe will be issued to all learners who successfully complete & pass this course.
Professional Driver Training Malta Ltd is licensed by the MFHEA as a Further and Higher Education Institution and holding licence No. 2020-010.